There’s lots of ways to add more yogurt to your diet. For one thing, you can cook with yogurt, enjoy yogurt snacks, and for the best part, delve into incredibly delicious yogurt baked goods. Baking with yogurt is easy and healthier than using other ingredients. Take for example this scrumptious Greek yogurt crumb cake a la New York Style!
This particular crumb cake is made with Greek yogurt, making the batter super moist. It’s easy and fast. Here’s the recipe:
2- 1/2 cups flour
1- 1/2 cups sugar
1- 1/4 cups (homemade is even better) Greek yogurt
1- 1/2 sticks room temperature butter
3/4 tsp baking power
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp vanilla
2- 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup melted, slightly cooled butter
How To Make Greek Yogurt Crumb Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350°F at the start, as it only requires 15 minutes of preparation time.
2. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan.
Prepare the Topping
1. Mix together in a medium-sized bowl the sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Next, add the butter, stirring well until blended. Add the flour, stirring with a fork, until well blended and forming crumbs.
Prepare the Cake:
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix well the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and the salt. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add the sugar, beating until fluffy. Next, add the eggs, scraping the sides of the mixing bowl.
3. With the mixer still running, add the Greek yogurt and the vanilla until blended. Finally, add the dry ingredients to the mix, beating until completely blended.
4. Pour batter into the greased pan.
5. Top the batter with the crumb topping mixture.
6. Bake the Greek Yogurt Crumb Cake for 45 to 50 minutes, and remove from the oven as soon as an inserted fork in the center emerges clean.
Greek yogurt is the healthier choice when comparing different yogurt types. The easiest and most convenient way to make Greek yogurt is using a yogurt maker. Click this link to learn how to choose the best yogurt maker for you.
Other interesting ways to eat more yogurt:
Source: Platings and Parings